About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream

"Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream, homemade curtains, live just like a gypsy. Break some hearts, roll out of town. Cuz gypsies never get tied down. Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain, drank from a stream instead of a fountain." Miranda Lambert

I literally looked into buying an Airstream for when I return to the States. That way home is everywhere I go, and everywhere I go is home. I told my boyfriend this and he just laughed. He said that is something you definitely don't want to lug around with you all over the place. Maybe he's right. But come on, there is something a little bit enticing about living in an Airstream.

Sometimes I wonder why life is so good! When "grown-ups" used to tell me never to be in a hurry to grow up because life as a grown-up is full of bills and problems. They were right about not being in a hurry. The best part is savoring those great, and sometimes fleeting, moments of awesome happiness that happen throughout the day. Then again I don't have any kids and I don't really have any bills either...haha. So it's highly likely that I am not grown-up yet. But those things are just a result of choices I have made up until this point in my life. I like to think they were smart choices. I had A LOT of bills during and after college. I didn't like having bills. So I worked constantly and paid them all off. And I have to admit that even though sometimes life sucked because I was working so much, I had a lot of fun doing that too. I worked jobs that I never thought I would...i.e. teaching Intermediate Algebra classes at NCCC for a year and a half. Even that turned out to be fun. At some point in life I'm sure I'll have kids, and along with that comes bills. But if I can have fun teaching Algebra, I'm certain I can have fun doing anything.

De las fiestas de Primavera

Winning

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.