About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Aprender

So living in a country where I don't speak the language is a very interesting situation. I am often confused and sometimes frustrated because even if I can understand what someone is saying to me I can't respond. Or I know half of how to respond, but I can't complete my thought.

There are tons of new things: food, customs, greetings, and social situations. All of that is awesome and I REALLY can not wait to start my Spanish class so maybe I can meet some people and have some sort of social life.

It's hard in these situations not to want everything to happen at once, because of course I do. I want to have friends, speak Spanish, play for the volleyball team, and know how to get around on my own. But for now I will take one step at a time and try to enjoy the learning experience as much as possible.

You don't see this in the states. Jamon is basically a salted mountain pigs leg. And there is citrus fruit all over the place here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.