About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hitch in the plans

Well, it is funny how quickly you can go from feeling on top of the world to the depths of despair to somewhere in the middle. I know because that accurately describes my last 3 days.

Monday I practiced with the pro volleyball team again and it went really well. I played well, still not 100 percent, but I certainly held my own. I was very happy and looking forward to playing all the time.

On Tuesday I found out that I do not have the right kind of visa and I have to come back to the U.S. at the end of March. I was incredibly upset. I don't want to go back to the states. I want to stay in Spain and play volleyball and learn Spanish.

Wednesday I realized I have an opportunity to work somewhere fun for the summer months. I'm thinking the Florida Keys or something like that. I wouldn't mind doing another seasonal job somewhere I have never been before. And then I will fly to Slovenia for try-outs in August.

So all in all, while I would rather stay in Spain for seven months instead of three, it is not the end of the world and this just gives me an opportunity to do something else that is really fun. After Spain, on to the next thing I suppose. 2012 is still going to be full of new and exciting things...and now it's even more exciting because I don't know what they are!

I think I will just keep practicing with the volleyball team in Spain until I have to leave and then go somewhere I can play volleyball often in the states and work for 4 months. I think Florida sounds good. If you have any ideas or opportunities please let me know!

I suppose this is just a lesson in rolling with the punches.

A day at the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.