About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Random Thoughts

This post, as the title suggests, is simply random thoughts I have had while in Spain. I may or may not expound upon some of these subjects at a later date.

- There are a lot of cats here.
- So I knew this before coming here, but I am a very "get shit done" kind of person, and it drives me insane when I am absolutely starving and someone is taking like a million years to sit down at the table. If it was my family of course I would say screw it and just eat, but that is not polite. Also, that would never happen in my family because when it is time to eat everyone sprints to the table.
- I love trying new foods, which is normally a good thing, but there are so many new foods here I am eating A LOT. At the candy shop today I put pretty much one of everything in my bag.
- My breakfast foods are extremely unusual here and my family laughs every time I sit down to eat breakfast. I usually have eggs, or an apple with peanut butter, or toast with peanut butter and an orange. Here eggs are for dinner and apples do not go with peanut butter...in fact, nothing goes with peanut butter. I eat peanut butter constantly and I wasn't aware that was strange. Although, I prefer natural peanut butter, and I haven't found a good peanut butter here yet.
- I had an entire fish head on my plate the other day and I didn't blink an eye. Fine, you put a fish head on my plate I'll eat it. I literally think I like every food ever produced, grown, or concocted. I ate cheese with visible mold on it the other day. No worries, the mold was supposed to be there. Octopus is a normal part of the daily diet, and there is a giant dried mountain pig's leg on the counter. And I'm the weird one for eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich?
- I have never eaten so much ham or olive oil in my life.
- If the temperature drops below 50 degrees it appears as though the apocalypse has taken place. There is no one outside. Same goes for rainy days.
- There is SO MUCH HISTORY here. Many of the buildings were built in the 13th century, and when I visit the places it's insane to imagine how it once looked, with people walking around and lounging about and what not.
- Life is so good!

On my way to Mass today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.