About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Semana Santa

I'm can't believe I haven't written in a week! I kept meaning to do it and just never got around to it. Last weekend we had play-offs and we won all our games making us the best team in the second division in the Region of Murica. There are pictures somewhere. I'll try and hunt them down. I have my first Spanish medal!

Other than that I hung out with some new friends and this week has been full of Spanish class, volleyball practice, and teaching English. Next week is Semana Santa (Holy Week) and there are huge fiestas and processions everyday of the week in the city. There is no school for two weeks, and not very many people have to work for the next two weeks as well. The second week off is for Festivals de Primavera (Spring Festivals) and there are also giant parties in the street for that. It should be a good time.

Today, all of Spain was on strike. If you ask me they just wanted to start their vacation a few days early. Oh, the life of a Spaniard.

Giant oranges in Spain

The roof of a church

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.