About Me

My photo
I'm spending all of 2012 learning and experiencing new things. This blog is my way of documenting it all, while keeping my family and friends back in the states in the loop. Here's to 2012. Check out my website- Kat Carney Photography

Monday, December 12, 2011

Memories

It's hard to think about seeing people for the last time for at least a couple of years. Moving on and transitioning to a new phase of life is always difficult, but often my excitement overshadows everything else.  I'm am so excited for the future, but at the same time so thankful for the memories and experiences I have had here.

Here are some of my favorite memories from Chanute:
Powered parachuting over the countryside this summer
Both Memorial Day parties at Donna and Gary's
Sitting out in the middle of fields (with Marilynn Rutledge) photographing crazy lightning storms
When my girls beat Fort Scott at home in front of an insane crowd
Road trips with the volleyball team and Asya Herron
Crop tour my first summer in Chanute
Getting to know everyone in the Herron family
Too many crazy stories covered for the Chanute Tribune to mention (Good times with Marilynn, Dianna, Andrea, Rhonda, Misty, Amy, Shanna, and Stu in our one room office after our building burnt down)


Summer of 2011 for the Chanute Tribune on a powered parachute headed from Iola to Chanute at 5:30 a.m.  I was beyond excited to go on this ride and I didn't even consider the fact that I might get sick. I puked over the side twice, but it was still a lot of fun. We flew low next to deer running through open fields, and high over lakes and trees. I love flying, but next time I'll take dramamine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All great changes are preceded by chaos.